Friday 17 December 2010

National Geographic Kids Interview with Jackson




NG Kids The Last Airbender movie is based on the Nickelodeon series, Avatar: The Last Airbender. What was it like playing a cartoon character?
Jackson Rathbone I was a fan of the Nickelodeon series, so I was excited about bringing an animated show to life – the mix of martial arts, fantasy elements, and family bond. It was months of training and getting to know my incredible cast and crew, who could ask for more?!

NGK Your character, Sokka, can’t ‘bend’ like his sister, Katara. Which element would be the coolest to ‘bend’ in real life?
Jackson Water! It’s the most common element on our earth and in our bodies.
 

NGK What was it like working with Nicola Peltz (who plays Katara) and Noah Ringer (who plays Aang)?
Jackson They’re both really great! It was amazing to watch them grow as actors, people, and martial artists. I learned a lot from them and I hope they did from me. I feel like Nicola is truly a little sister and Noah could be the little brother I never had!
 

NGK What was it like shooting the start of the film in Greenland?
Jackson It was freezing! But we had a great time in the cold – snowball fights, body sledding, and waking up to the most serene landscape with the sun slowly spreading across ice. I loved it!
 

NGK What was the hardest thing about filming in Greenland?
Jackson Hands down, the most challenging part of filming in Greenland was simply walking without falling down in scenes. It’s so icy there!
 

NGK How did working on The Twilight Saga: Eclipse help you prepare for your scenes in The Last Airbender?
Jackson I actually trained and filmed The Last Airbender a few months before beginning Eclipse. So it was the other way around! The greatest thing I learned is how to keep in control while fighting for the screen.


No comments:

Post a Comment